Friday, June 22, 2012

東京 Tōkyō

 Tokyo! Tokyo! We're here! It's happening! After almost 30 hours of travel (one for each year. Hey-oh!) I arrived at Narita airport, tired, bleary-eyed and about as excited as any 30 year old has ever been to be exploring the Land of the Rising Sun. I've had a culture-crush on Japan since I was about ten years old, and now I'm actually here. Unbelievable.

Annelie arrived a few hours later and we had no trouble rendezvousing in a quaint little tea shop in the airport, where Ehito picked us up. Then it was zipping in on the commuter train through rice paddies and quaint villages in the countryside, across two rivers and finally into the endless maze of buildings that continues to thicken and resolve into Tokyo proper.

But enough words, below you'll find some first impressions of our first day on the ground here in Tokyo.


 
Ehito, outside his apartment, with the neighborhood cat.




The main shopping street near the aparment.


 Our First Meal



The living room at Ehito & Nao's. Beautiful!



I hope you find them as astounding and wild and beautiful as I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment